In GCcollab, you can upload a wide variety of content types including photos, documents, audio files, videos, PDFs and more. This can be done within a group or made available GCcollab-wide.
To ensure a smooth upload of your files to GCcollab, it is recommended that you do not exceed 10 uploads at a time.
Where to find Files in GCcollab
In GCcollab's top navigation bar, click More in the top right corner that will open up a drop-down menu.
- Select Files from this drop-down menu.
Below the page title All site files, there are three tabs including:
All: displays all files that exist on GCcollab, and is the default display.
Mine: displays all the files or file folders that you may have previously uploaded.
Colleagues: displays all the files or file folders that your colleagues have uploaded.
In a Group
- Go to your Group's main page.
- Click on Files.
Creating file folders
You can organize the files you upload by creating folders and subfolders.
- In Files page, go to the Mine tab or in a Group, click on Upload a file.
- Click on New file folder.
A window will pop up where you are to provide the following information:
Title: the name of the folder that you are creating
Description: a general description of the content in the folder
Select a parent folder: Select the folder location. It will be Main folder by default but you may be able to choose another folder.
Access: the folder access settings.
Hit Save. Now your folder is created.
Uploading a file
GCcollab can store different types of content, including photos, documents, audio files, videos, PDFs and more.
- Click on the Upload a file button.
- Select between:
- Single file to upload one file.
- Multi file to upload several files at once.
- Zip file to upload a zipped file.
Click Choose File or Browse (this is dependent on the browser you are using) to locate the file.
Enter the Title.
Enter the Description of the file.
Enter Tags. These are optional but highly encouraged.
Select a parent folder or use the default. This is where the file will be found.
Now your file has been uploaded in the folder specified.
Uploading a video
It is important to note that the video size should not exceed 1GB. While GCcollab does not have video player functionality, users can upload video file types.
Accepted video formats:
- .SWF: Shockwave Flash Movie
- .FLV Flash video File
- .MPG Moving picture Group
- .WMV Windows Media Video File
Tip: You could always use another video repository and paste the URL . It allows for private videos where the "viewer" would require the URL and password to view the video, or you can add a bookmark to videos available on the internet.
You can set the access you need for the files you upload; this can be distinct from the settings for the group itself.
- Users logged in: This is selected by default. This setting will allow anyone on GCcollab to open and view the file.
- Only me: Only you can see this file on GCcollab.
- Group: The file can only be viewed by members of the group.
- My colleagues: This will your GCcollab colleagues to see all the files you have uploaded to GCcollab.