The GCcollab Twitter widget can be configured to show tweets from a Twitter search. This search can display tweets based on either a handle or hashtag.
Step 1: Creating a widget on Twitter.com
- In order to add the Twitter widget to your GCcollab profile, you must first create a widget on your Twitter settings page.
- Follow the instructions on your Twitter settings page.
- Once complete, click Create widget.
- A code will appear on the page. Copy the code.
Step 2: Configuring your GCcollab Twitter search widget
- To add a Twitter widget to your Dashboard or Group, click Add Widgets. To add a Twitter widget to your profile, click Widgets in your profile navigation bar then click Add Widgets.
- Scroll down in the list of widgets until you see Twitter search. Click Add widget.
- The Twitter search widget should now appear on your Profile, Dashboard or Group page.
- On the widget, click on the wheel gear icon in the top-right corner.
- On the pop-up page, paste the code from your Twitter settings page in the field “Twitter Widget Embed Code”. Scroll down and click Save.
- Head to your GCcollab profile page (see steps 1-3 above), click on the Widgets tab.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the Twitter search box. You should see a "gear" icon and an "x" when you hover. Click the "gear" icon.
- Paste the code you copied from Twitter.com's widget into the Twitter Widget Embed Code area.
- Set Widget height (pixels) to 0 for automatic height, or input a specific number of pixels if you prefer a specific height for your widget.
- Click Save
Your GCcollab Twitter widget is now configured.