GCcollab bookmarks are shortcuts to online content such as websites and files. Bookmarks can be shared both outside and inside GCcollab groups, and are a great way to alert your colleagues or group members to content of interest or relevance.
How to access and create personal bookmarks
Click the Add a bookmark button to add a new bookmark.
In the Title box, enter the name of your bookmark.
In the Address of the bookmark, enter the URL of your bookmark.
In the Description box, briefly explain what your bookmark is about.
In the Tags box, enter some keywords that would describe your bookmark.
For Access, select either:
- Only me: Only you can see this content – no other GCcollab user can view this content.
- My Colleagues on GCcollab only: Only the GCcollab members you have added as your colleagues on GCcollab can see this content.
- Users logged in to GCcollab only: Anyone with a GCcollab account can see this content while logged in.
Click Tag and Create
How to view site bookmarks
Click the Bookmark icon on the top of the home page.
From this page, you can view All site bookmarks. Use the filters to sort the bookmarks based on who created the bookmark: All, Mine, and Colleagues.
- All: displays the bookmarks from all GCcollab users with the most recently posted listed at the top.
- Mine: displays the bookmarks that you have added on GCcollab.
- Colleagues: displays the bookmarks that your colleagues have added.
How to access and create group bookmarks
Start on the activity page of the group.
Click on the More tab to reveal a drop-down menu. Select Bookmarks.
Select Add a Bookmark
Add a title
Add the address of the bookmark.
Add a description for your bookmark.
Select access settings.
Click Tag and Create.
This will reveal a pop-up window. You may add communities and tags (optional).
Click Publish. Your group bookmark is now posted.