Similar to Twitter, the Wire is a micro-blog. Users can post text, images or links, with a 250-character limit to easily and quickly share information.
You can search the Wire by hashtags, keywords and @mentions. You will receive a notification when a fellow user tags you in a Wire post or conversation in a discussion, comment, or blog.
Promote an event, or your group or pose a question to the GCcollab community on the Wire.
How to view the Wire
Click The Wire on the main navigation bar.
Use tabs (All, My Colleagues, Mine, Search) to filter the content of the Wire.
How to create a Wire post
Click the Wire on the main navigation bar.
Insert text into text box under Create a Wire Post (Note: Remaining character limit is shown).
You can add hashtags, @mentions, and images and gifs to your post:
To add a hashtag, type # followed by your keywords without spaces
To @mention another user type "@" followed by their name or username. Their name should appear in a drop-down list, which you can click on. The user will be notified that you mentioned them.
How to reply to a Wire post
- Locate the post you wish you respond to.
- Click Reply and a pop-up box will appear.
- Insert text into text box under Create a Wire Post (Note: Remaining character limit is shown).
- Click Reply.
How to view Wire posts written by a specific user
- Click on user's profile.
- Click on the Wire posts their main profile page.
How to view Wire threads
- To view the whole conversation between users, locate the desired Wire post.
- Click Thread below the post (Note: This option will only appear if a reply has been made on the post or if you are viewing a reply to a post).
How to share content on the Wire
You can share messages from the Wire (as well as other GCcollab content) with your GCcollab colleagues on the Wire.
Locate the Wire post you want to share.
Click the share icon.
Insert desired text into text box under Create a Wire Post to comment on the content (Note: remaining character limit is shown).